Do you know the right way to do OMAD (one meal a day)? If you don’t, then you should follow these simple OMAD diet rules to lose weight and achieve a healthy weight.
What are the OMAD Diet Rules to Lose Weight You Need to Follow?
1)Eat One Meal a Day
Yes, it’s the main rule of OMAD. You can only eat one large meal a day. Thus, you can’t have snacks or drink tea while in a fasted state.
Your one meal a day can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Many people choose to eat while the sun is shining. In that case, they break their fast by eating a heavy breakfast.
Others, however, choose to eat dinner. In that way, they don’t have to worry about their stomach grumbling while they are sleeping.
But this study showed that eating after 5 pm could increase C-reactive protein. It’s an inflammatory marker connected to breast cancer.
Read: OMAD Keto Meals
2) Focus on Nutrient-Dense Foods
Many people love OMAD because they don’t have to worry about cooking three meals a day. Your one meal shouldn’t include highly processed food.
To keep you full and satisfied for 23 hours, here are the foods you must incorporate into your diet.
- Dark leafy greens. Kale and spinach are good examples. Dark leafy greens contain a high amount of fiber and water that can keep you fuller. Eat a bowl of salad before you eat your main meal. It will keep you satisfied throughout the day or until your next meal.
- Avocados. They contain a high amount of healthy fats that can keep you full until your one meal the next day. Make sure to add slices of avocado to your bowl of green leafy vegetables.
- Salmon. You’re going to love salmon. Many OMAD diet followers eat it two to three times a week. What’s great about this fish is that it’s high in omega-3 fatty acids. Because of its healthy fat content, it can increase your satiety levels.
- Eggs. They are high in protein, which is also known to increase your satiety so you’ll keep full for a lot longer. To keep you happy and full, you may prepare a vegetable omelet loaded with vegetables, like kale or spinach.
- Nuts. They are a perfect way to start your meal. Great examples would be pistachios, macadamia, almonds, and walnuts. They are high in healthy fats to keep you full.
- Seeds. These would include hemp, sesame, chia, pumpkin, and flax seeds. They, too, are high in healthy fats and protein. You can throw them in your bowl of leafy greens or add them to your beef and broccoli stir-fry.
- Berries. They are full of fiber to keep you satiated. You can add them to your salads, cereal, and yogurt.
The most important thing is that your one meal a day includes healthy fats, protein, and fiber.
Read: OMAD Carnivore Diet Meal Plan
3) Limit Carb Intake
There’s nothing wrong with carbs. However, too much sugar can boost your hunger hormones. And if that happens, you will feel hungry all the time. You can’t finish your 23-hour fast.
It’s one reason OMAD dieters integrate keto into their diet plan because ketogenic diet requires reduced carb intake. Instead, the keto diet focuses on healthy fats, lean protein, and fiber.
Read: OMAD Meal Ideas
4) Be Mindful of Your Calories
That is if you want to lose weight with OMAD. However, if you’re doing OMAD to stay healthy, you don’t need to limit your calories. Then again, you need to focus on eating healthy food.
How many calories you need per day will depend on several factors. Women need between 1,600 and 2,400 calories per day. Men, on the other hand, can eat between 2,000 and 3,000 calories daily.
Then again, the calories will depend on your age, size, height, and activity level. If you’re a woman and your physical activity level is too low, then you might need fewer than 1,600 calories a day.
The key here is to find your sweet spot. That is, you need to eat not too few calories or not too much.
Read: One Meal a Day Female Results
5) Eat the Same Time Each Day
The idea of the OMAD diet is to eat one meal a day and fast for 23 hours. But if it takes more than an hour for your to eat your one meal and you fast for 22 hours, it still going to be okay.
Keep in mind that OMAD requires you to eat one nutritionally balanced meal each day and you need to eat at the same time each day.
For instance, if you eat your one meal a day today at 10 am, then try to eat your one meal at 10 am tomorrow, the next day, and so on.
Read: Celebrities Who Eat OMAD
6) Boost Physical Activity
It can be difficult for your to exercise in a fasted state. You may not have the energy to do so. However, if you increase your physical activity each day, you can further lose weight with the OMAD diet.
Some people choose to exercise an hour before their mealtime. Thus, if you choose to eat at 10 am, you can work out at 9 am.
Again, it depends on your lifestyle and what works best for you.
Should You Follow OMAD Every Day?
It depends on your preference. YOu can do it once a week or a few times per week. But many people have been following it and they have lost weight significantly just eating one meal a day.
Then again, OMAD is just one of the ways to help you lose weight. You can still lose weight if you eat three meals a day. The key here is to limit your calorie intake and increase your physical activities.
The OMAD diet rules aren’t lengthy. The main rule is to just eat one meal a day. However, if you wish to be successful in it, you may follow the other rules listed above.
Do you wish to start eating OMAD? Here are the secrets to starting the OMAD diet.
Speak Now ... Or Forever Hold Your Peace