Roobios tea is made from the leaves of the Aspalathus linearis plant, which grows in southern Africa. It contains high amounts of antioxidants that support overall wellness. Here are some of the ways drinking this tea can improve your health.
How to Make Rooibos Tea?
1. Make a Rooibos Latte
Most of us love a latte. Lattes are versatile as they are delectable when served hot or iced.
You can also combine various flavors.
And if you are looking to drink a caffeine-free beverage, then rooibos tea latte is a better option. In that case, you can drink this tea at any time of the day.
No worries about caffeine jitters. If you are sensitive to caffeine, you won’t suffer from a sleepless night even if you drink it hours before bedtime.
There are several flavors you can make. Try vanilla rooibos latte. Here are the steps:
- Steep rooibos tea with a tablespoon of dried rosebuds for 7 minutes. It allows the rosebuds to bring out the optimum flavor
- Heat a quarter of a cup of heavy cream
- Warm it slightly
- Use a whisk to stir. You may also use a milk frother to help you achieve a better result.
- Transfer the steeped tea to the frother cream
- Add a vanilla extract
- Add a sweetener of your choice
2. Peach Iced Rooibos Tea
This method of preparing this tea is ideal if you like peaches added to your tea. To make it, prepare the following:
- Rooibos teabags
To prepare this tea, here are the steps:
- Boil water
- Remove from the heat once boiled
- Add rooibos teabags
- Let it steep for 5 minutes
- Add ice cubes to your preferred mug
- Transfer the tea to the mug
- Add peaches and honey to taste
3. Rooibos with Milk and Coconut butter
If you want to be adventurous in making this tea, you can try adding coconut butter to your rooibos latte. This is a perfect beverage you can sip while reading a book. Or if you like drinking a latte on the go, then this is a good option.
- Steep rooibos tea.
- Remove the tea bags after steeping
- Heat your milk of choice
- Add a tablespoon of coconut butter, or sweeteners, like honey or agave nectar
- Add the tea once the milk mixture simmers
- Mix all ingredients into a small blender until you achieve a frothy consistency
4. Rooibos Syrup
You can add this syrup to your favorite dessert or when you make cocktails. To make this syrup, simply do the following:
- Use pure flavored rooibos loose leaf tea and add it to a liter of water
- Add honey and sugar
- Put more tea leaves for more flavor
- Spice it up with nutmeg, vanilla, and pepper
- Put all of these ingredients into a pan
- Allow the mixture to simmer.
- Let it simmer until you achieve a thick syrup consistency
Read: NRG in Loaded Tea
5. Orange Rooibos
This one is ideal if you like to drink a sour rooibos tea with orange. Here are the steps to make this tea:
- Use an orange-flavored rooibos tea
- Steep it
- Store it in the fridge to cool after steeping
- Combine orange-flavored vodka, lemon, egg white, and ice in a blender
- Mix them well
- Strain the content into a martini glass
- Add the chilled rooibos tea
- Stir before serving it on the rocks
Why Choose Rooibos Tea?
It is one of the teas that can help you improve your overall health. Here are some of the benefits of drinking it.
This tea is like green tea. You can drink it without having to worry about packing some pounds.
A cup of this tea contains up to 4 calories. Since its calories are insignificant, you can drink it when fasting.
Although it won’t ruin your fasting phase, you should not add sugar. You can’t make those recipes mentioned above as they contain more than 40 calories.
It contains alpha hydroxy acid, which is an ingredient in various skin treatments. In fact, it is used in many chemical peels that you can get from your skin doctor.
The alpha hydroxide acid in this tea helps in your skincare routine. That’s why it is also used in many anti-aging skin care products.
Apart from its anti-oxidant content, this tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce inflammation. It also reduces the feelings of aches and pain.
And if you have stomach cramps, you can drink this tea because it has anti-spasmodic compounds. They can activate potassium ions in the body.
This tea also aids in treating the symptoms of arthritis. Furthermore, this tea contains a high amount of vitamin C which can aid in collagen repair.
This brew also contains a bioactive flavonoid that can fight inflammation. It also works as a bronchodilator that can relieve wheezing, coughing, and other symptoms of allergies as a result of allergic rhinos and asthma.
It also aids in any type of digestive issues. If you suffer from acid reflux, celiac disease, or chronic upset stomach, then you should consider drinking this tea.
Even though digestive issues can be caused by a poor diet, there’s growing evidence that drinking this tea can help streamline digestion.
This tea contains a lot of nutrients. And as mentioned, it has antispasmodic properties that can prevent stomach pains.
May Interact With Your Medicines
Just like other teas, this tea may interfere with your medications. As mentioned, it contains antioxidants and chemical compounds. Thus, before you drink this tea or include it in your diet, make sure that you talk to your doctor. It is especially true if you are using any medication.
You should also not replace your medication with this tea without first talking to your doctor.
There are plenty of ways to make rooibos tea. You can add milk, orange, peaches, and many others. But if you are fasting, consider drinking it without sugar and other additives.