Can you use organic coffee for enema? What is the purpose of coffee enema anyway? Is it safe? We’ll find out here in this post.
First, let’s talk about the coffee enema.
What is Coffee Enema?
It’s a natural remedy that has been used in the late 1800s to relieve discomfort and pain. Coffee enema is said to remove toxins from the liver and blood.
Coffee enema is like a water enema. The only difference is that it’s made of coffee.
But it’s delivered through the tubing into the rectum.
When the coffee is in the rectum, the veins absorb the caffeine and it goes to the portal vein to be carried to the liver and gallbladder.
Caffeine can be an irritant to the liver. As a result, the liver stimulates bile ducts to open, thereby, releasing toxins.
Unfortunately, though, there’s not enough research to back it up.
There were studies conducted to investigate the use of this type of enema.
In this study, researchers found that visibility of the lower segments of the small intestine was quite better in patients who were given the coffee enema.
“Coffee enemas administered for small bowel preparation before VCE is feasible and may improve visual disturbance caused by bile in distal small bowel VCE images. Further studies are warranted to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of coffee enemas, as well as to analyze how coffee enemas affect bile excretion.”
What to Expect After a Coffee Enema?
Some people said that they experienced better mental clarity and energy after undergoing a coffee enema. It also helps in normalizing their bowel movements.
In that case, it is beneficial if you suffer from constipation.
How to Make Coffee Enema?
It’s important to note that you must only use organic coffee for enema. You must never use instant coffee.
To start, you should use a teaspoon of organic coffee. It’s especially true if you are sensitive to coffee. That is, if you drink a cup of coffee, you feel jittery.
On the other hand, if you have no issues with coffee, you can start by using a heaped spoon of ground organic coffee.
- Place it in a non-aluminum pan. Add two pints of water. You must only use filtered water. In this way, you won’t be introducing more toxins into your system.
- Boil the mixture for 3 minutes. Simmer it for another 15 minutes before straining the solution.
- Strain the solution and allow the liquid to cool down.
- Add 1 liter of filtered water to the solution.
- Place it in the enema kit.
- Insert the coffee enema into your rectum through an enema system. For ease of insertion, you may use water-based lubricant.
- Install as much coffee water solution in the rectum as possible. The coffee solution should be in the rectum for at least 10 minutes. The more time it’s inside your rectum, the more effective it is.
- Try and go to the bathroom.
After a coffee enema procedure, you must not repeat it too often. Otherwise, you will lose a lot of electrolytes, which are vital in maintaining fluid balance in the body.
If you do it frequently, you may suffer from prolonged diarrhea.
There’s a lot of unknown with a coffee enema. You don’t know its long-term risks or benefits.
Furthermore, it may irritate your intestines and may cause an allergic reaction. And prolonged diarrhea could lead to electrolyte losses, leading to several health issues.
Can you use organic coffee for enema? Yes, you can. In fact, it’s the only type of coffee you must use and not the regular coffee that you drink every day.
However, you should not use coffee enema too frequently. It may lead to a lot of health issues.
If you suffer from constipation, consider using this natural remedy.