[dropcap]I[/dropcap]f you are struggling to get rid of your skin breakouts, you’re probably not doing it right.
The causes of acne and dull skin aren’t only limited to pollution, makeup and dirt. Your health plays a big role, too.
What you eat, for example, can affect the way your skin behaves. The following are great examples:
- When you eat a lot of unhealthy foods, like those high in saturated fats, it triggers an inflammatory response in your body. As a result, you get acne.
- Eating too much chocolate is considered bad for your acne since it can make the inflammation worse.
- Consuming too much spicy food is linked to breakouts, although studies are greatly inconclusive.
- Dairy products and nuts can cause negative reactions in people with sensitive skin.
- Not eating fresh fruits and vegetables can trigger a number of skin issues. Apart from acne, it can also lead to dry, dull skin.
- Insufficient vitamin intake can also contribute to a lot of skin issues. Not eating healthy foods can compromise your immune system and this can increase your skin’s sensitivity.
If you are wondering which vitamins you need to take to get clear skin, here’s an infographic to help you out.