What is Insanity Workout Program and what can you expect from it?
Before you get into the craze of Insanity Workout Program, let me highlight to you the most important things you must know about this program, including its pros and cons and who can benefit from it.
It seems that every day, there’s a new weight-loss workout invented. Of course, those workouts don’t necessarily provide you with great results. Some of them don’t work at all.
The latest fitness program that entered my list is the Insanity Program. It’s designed by the same company that produced Hip Hop Abs (it’s almost the same as Zumba but it focuses on hip hop music). So what exactly is Insanity Workout Program and what can you expect from it?
1. 60-day workout video program
Beach Body, the creator of this program, claims that you can lose weight and get a fitter body when you follow its 60-day program, which you can perform right at the comfort of your home.
As of this date, the DVD costs $120 (I obtained it for free), which includes a nutrition plan, a calendar that lets you track your progress and 10 workout DVDs or programs.
Insanity workout program focuses on cardiovascular exercise. But it also incorporates some strengthening exercises after every routine.
As of its difficulty, I can say that it’s one of the most difficult workouts I’ve tried because of its strenuous pace and it involves total body workout.
It requires you to follow a six-day exercise each week. Each workout takes at least an hour to complete, depending on your fitness level.
The Insanity workout program is based on Max interval training. This means that you need to work hard for 3 minutes and rest for 30 seconds. It also means that when you move from one exercise to another, you’ll get little to no rest in between.
Each workout is difficult. Hence, you’ll need all the motivation and determination you can get to complete the workout.
5. Workout schedule
It changes every week. And as you go near the 60th day, the intensity goes higher and longer compared to the first few weeks.
The intensity of Insanity workout program is high that it made me quit after a few days of training.
What are the benefits of Insanity Workout?
1. It’s great if you want to lose body weight fast and enhance your cardio fitness.
2. All workouts can be performed at home.
3. There are no weights or extra pieces of equipment needed.
4. It includes a variety of workout programs.
5. It comes with an easy-to-follow calendar that can track your progress.
And here are the disadvantages of Insanity Workout
1. Each workout is insanely difficult. Thus, it’s only great for people who are already exercising on a regular basis or individuals who are determined to achieve their weight loss goal by working hard. It’s not for you if you want a quick fix to your weight-loss problem.
2. It’s not for those who want to increase muscle size since it doesn’t include a lot of strengthening exercises. Although it includes some push-ups and squats, it only involves a small amount of resistance moves.
3. It’s too expensive. But I got it for free.
It’s a high-intensity workout program that will surely push yourself to the limits. I only lasted a few days and I stopped. Each workout is challenging and needs dedication and willpower.
If you’re unfit or just starting to exercise, you might not be able to complete the program.
However, if you are determined to lose weight fast, you’ll see great results with Insanity Workout program.